M.E Product Design and Development
On completion of the Postgraduate Program in Product Design and Development at Saveetha Institute of Medical and Technical Sciences the graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate ability to design a system, component or process as per needs and specifications.
- Demonstrate ability to visualize and create physical prototypes using computer tools and other techniques.
- An ability to think creatively and imaginatively to solve engineering design problems by designing a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- Provide solutions for complex real-time product design and development problems through an integrated approach by designing and conducting experiments, interpreting and analysing data, and reporting the results.
- Use the techniques, skills, and the state-of-the art engineering tools/facilities necessary for solving problems in the field of product design.
- Manage projects, people, resources and time taking account of legal and statutory requirements, risk, quality and reliability, and to demonstrate an understanding of the importance of Health and Safety in the engineering industry.
- Relate knowledge gained through their studies to an understanding of sustainability and the environmental impact of their industry.
- Learn and work independently, and to practice leadership and teamwork in and across disciplines realizing professional and ethical responsibilities.
- An ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in both technical and non-technical environments.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude to learning that encourages continuing professional development and engagement in life-long learning