M.E Product Design and Development
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
The Educational Objectives of Postgraduate Program in Product Design and Development at Saveetha University are as follows:
- To equip the graduates to excel in new product design and development through application of knowledge and practical skills.
- To provide students with a solid foundation in mathematical modeling of engineering problems required for bringing new products fast into the market.
- To equip students with the research skills required for postgraduate study and the employability skills required for work in the mechanical and related engineering industries.
- To prepare graduates to exhibit professionalism, sustainability, ethical attitude, communication skills, team work and address health and safety concerns pertaining to their profession.
- To foster the graduates to sustain the intellectual curiosity that motivates lifelong learning.
- To foster the graduates with intellectual curiosity and reflective skills required to recognize the need to continually develop themselves in order to exercise their professional judgment.
- To develop the graduates with analytical and problem-solving skills and an ability to evaluate evidence and assumptions to reach sound judgments.