B.E Mechanical Engineering
On completion of the Mechanical Engineering Undergraduate Program, graduates at Saveetha University will be able to:
- Identify, formulate and solve mechanical engineering problems by applying the knowledge of science, engineering and use of mathematics as a tool for solving complex problems, communicating results, concepts and ideas.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the core mechanical engineering subjects of statics, dynamics, materials, thermodynamics, fluid mechanics and design.
- An ability to think creatively and imaginatively to solve engineering design problems by designing a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- Provide solutions for complex real-time mechanical engineering problems through an integrated approach by designing and conducting experiments, interpreting and analysing data, and reporting the results.
- Use the techniques, skills, and the state-of-the art engineering tools/facilities necessary for solving problems in the field of mechanical engineering.
- Manage projects, people, resources and time taking account of legal and statutory requirements, risk, quality and reliability, and to demonstrate an understanding of the importance of Health and Safety in the engineering industry.
- Relate knowledge gained through their studies to an understanding of sustainability and the environmental impact of their industry.
- Learn and work independently, and to practice leadership and teamwork in and across disciplines realizing professional and ethical responsibilities.
- An ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in both technical and non-technical environments.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude to learning that encourages continuing professional development and engagement in life-long learning