B.E Mechanical Engineering
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
The Educational Objectives of Mechanical Engineering Undergraduate Program at Saveetha University are as follows:
- To equip graduates with a breadth and depth of knowledge and understanding of the key aspects of Mechanical Engineering.
- To equip students with the research skills required for postgraduate study and the employability skills required for work in the mechanical and related engineering industries.
- To prepare graduates to exhibit professionalism, sustainability, ethical attitude, communication skills, team work and address health and safety concerns pertaining to their profession.
- To foster the graduates to sustain the intellectual curiosity that motivates lifelong learning.
- To foster the graduates with intellectual curiosity and reflective skills required to recognize the need to continually develop themselves in order to exercise their professional judgment.
- To develop the graduates with analytical and problem-solving skills and an ability to evaluate evidence and assumptions to reach sound judgments.